I overlaid various vehicle information (i.e. speed, rpm, and so on) extracted by CANUSB on my on-vehicle movie.
At first, I tried to use information posted by Madox.NET, but unfortunately HS-CAN Data extracted by my RX-8 look totally different from Madox’s one.
I’m not sure why there are big differences. But one possible reason is that Madox’s RX-8 is AT. My RX-8 is 2007 5MT model.
- RPM: ID 0x201, (data * 256 + data) / 4
- Vehicle Speed(km/h): ID 0x201, (data * 256 + data – 10000) / 100
- Accel Throttle Position(0 – 255): ID 0x201, data
- Hand Brake(on/off): ID 0x212, (data & 0x40)
- Foot Brake(on/off): ID 0x212, (data & 0x08)
- Declutching(on/off): ID 0x231, (data & 0xf0)
- Engine Coolant Temp(degree celsius): ID 0x240, data – 40
- Intake Air Temp(degree celsius): ID 0x250, data – 40
Here is what I analyzed.
I want to extract some more information such as steering column angle, but I haven’t yet.
I used Apple’s Quartz Composer for overlaying information.